Awbreys Powder Coating - Low quality powder coating
I contacted Awbreys Powder Coating concerning some bike parts i needed powder coated, communication was swift and on point, the gentleman seemed very confident he could deliver the services i requested.So i made the two hour round trip to drop off my parts(black accent pieces, wheels), again i was met with a confident polite individual, we came to an agreed upon price of 174.00 for the pieces i had provided.
Several days later i was contacted by the company stating my parts were ready to be picked up, i again made the trip down with the agreed upon amount. I arrived at the business was shown the parts, which i was shocked at the quality of work provided i stated my concerns with the finish on the parts which was uneven, chipped, not very well prepped and areas were coated that were claimed to be protected during the process, my disapproval was met with hostility to which he threw my parts back in the box and stated he would redo them. i stated then that if he did not feel he had the ability to fulfill the order that we should part ways and i would bring the parts to a different establishment, he reassured me that the i was being unreasonable, but he would strip the parts and start fresh, he stated to return with 340 dollars to pick up my parts, at which time i informed him of the agreed upon price, and after much dismay he agreed again upon the 174.00 for the finished product. I told him at that time to take all the time he needed to make sure the product was correct.
And even offered ti change the color if he felt that a better finish could be attained with a different powder. The next day i was contacted again by the company stating my parts were ready to be picked up, i made the trip down again 5 days later. To find the parts to be worse than the last time, instead of removing and refinishing he had simply coated over the dirty unfinished wheels he had presented the first time, to which again i stated that i was unhappy with the product, to which he replied that i was being unreasonable and the reason the turned out the way they were was the Rustoleum paint that was on them when i brought them to him had contaminated the metal,and that i should accept them the way they are and pay him for his time. I told him at this time i would no longer be requiring his services and i would have them done elsewhere.
At that time i offered to pay for the black accessory parts and the powder on the wheels but that was it. He stated that if i wanted to ride this season i would pay him for his time otherwise the parts would sit in his office. I told him i would returning to Bloomington with my parts, to which he replied u can get out of my office and leave your parts, after i refused to leave he called the sheriffs department, and in the time waiting for the sheriffs to arrive threatened assault several times. After the cops arrived i was informed that in order to settle the matter at hand i was required to pay the 174.00 and take the matter to small claims court if i was ever expected to receive any compensation for the damage done to my property.
so i paid the 174.00 in cash and removed my parts from the business, in worse shape than they arrived.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bike Parts
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "in under 50 miles the engine lite came on, no one would even look at it. it has been sitting since sept 24 with under 8k miles total on it...."
- "Setting out to buy a new 5th Wheel RV? It was a close call between the Forest River Cardinal Brand and the Open Range 3x model - both seemed very..."
- "Original car, perfect condition - almost new. Never see snow or rain. Very little damage to front bumper, but impact damage reverse gear in automatic trans. The evaluation -..."
- "My 2008 jeep commander heat sheild fell off put hole in muffler and the wiring cought on fire been 3 weeks waiting on chrylser give me answer i'm tired of..."
- "Now, before I go to far, the order was placed through Amazon. I've never had problems with them before. I placed my order Friday at 9:59 A.M. and paid the..."
- "I love I love kickboxing hence the name :) it's like burning massive calories at a party, cause the music is pumping and you just have fun whilst working out...."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."